Want to polish your entertainment system so it looks sharp, messy cables are untangled or hidden, and components are close at hand? Omnimount has always underscored the importance of safely – and stylishly – integrating technology into the home. Take a look at our colorful e-book, How to Accessorize Your New TV, for ideas. Explore a variety of rooms with mounted TV solutions and see how the right accessories make any space more functional and fashion-forward.
Mounting your TV on the wall is a great way to prevent a potentially dangerous situation, especially if your TV will be used in a high-traffic area or in a household with kids and pets. Choose between fixed, tilt, full motion, or interactive mounts. To get the most out of your media room, be sure to pick a spot to mount your TV that’s near electrical outlets.
After your TV is mounted, here are four steps to adding style to your space:
- Make sure you’re not putting stress on cables – stretching, sharply bending, or setting heavy objects on them can damage the wires, causing signal failures that affect sound and picture quality. If insulation is frayed or worn, replace the cable.
- Add an AV wall shelf to hold components: A sleek wall shelf is a great solution to hold a soundbar, satellite/cable box or gaming console near the TV.
- Manage loose cables: Cable management is an important final step. Not only will it create a pro-quality finished look, but it’ll also secure cables that could otherwise be pulled out or tripped on.
- Speaking of cables, label them so it’s easy to identify what goes to the TV, speakers, and components. (A bread bag ring and indelible marker is fine, but so is a fancy label maker.)
Have questions? OmniMount has you covered! Call our 24/7 customer care team at 1.800.MOUNT.IT.
Thinking of embracing the newest “concept entry” in the world of home theater electronics? Sales of curved TV’s are exploding among mainstream consumers, not just tech aficionados eager to buy the latest and greatest. While some still call curved TV’s a gimmick, it does look like they’re here to stay.
The top reasons many viewers have fallen for the curve:
- The rounded nature of the TV contours draws you in for an immersive viewing experience.
- Depth is deeper, so perception is enhanced, similar to watching a 3D movie.
- Width is wider, so the image seems to stretch even further, and is accurate from side views.
- Better contrast and sharpness, especially at the edges, makes for a richer picture.
- From an interior design perspective, curved TV’s look cool!
Some viewers think the experience rivals that of going to the movies, in fact, many commercial cinemas use curved screens. One consumer electronics reporter sums up his experiment, a month after adding a curved 65-inch TV to his home theater:
“For my efforts, I’ve gained almost 6 pounds, thanks to roughly 32 bags of microwave popcorn washed down with several gallons of Mr. Pibb – and developed a suspicious numbness in my left leg. It was totally worth it…” We’ve got tips for you on staying fit and burning calories while enjoying your TV at home.
The one drawback that we hear often from people considering a curved TV purchase? They’re afraid the shape will make a wall-mount difficult or awkward. Who wants to be limited to a desktop or floor stand display? That defeats the whole home theater look and feel that has made flat screens so popular. No fear. OmniMount’s open architecture product design ensures our wall mounts are compatible with most of the new curved TV’s. They’re also future-proof, so as technology advances, you can keep up — without having to replace your mount.
More questions about choosing a mount for your curved TV? Ask your retailer for assistance or give us a call at 1-800-MOUNT-IT (800-668-6848). Phone support is available 24 hours a day, a 7 days per week.
Bill Ennis from OmniMount shares a glimpse of their award-winning and groundbreaking products on display at CEDIA EXPO 2014. Since 1978, OmniMount has upheld its position as a global leader in product innovation. It has continued to build on its strong foundation and heritage with a complete portfolio of mounting solutions.
CEDIA has just announced the list of finalists for the 2014 CEDIA Manufacturers’ Excellence Awards and the OmniMount PJT40 made the Best New Product list!! We’re thrilled to be one of only 30 products to be honored with this distinction and we’re excited for the official announcement at CEDIA in September. If you’re attending the show, visit us at booth 450!
Read the complete announcement via CE Pro.