The 2016 Best of CEDIA Awards recognize products determined by the rAVe staff as the most innovative products on the show floor. The OmniMount Play40 Interactive TV Arm received a “Best New Mount” award. The Play40 allows users to interact with a flat screen display when watching movies, gaming or exercising. The arm is equipped with patented Constant Force™ technology, providing fluid, light-touch adjustments for effortless arm movement. Here’s a clip of OmniMount’s Bill Ennis describing the arm to the rAVe crew
Do you want to take your entertainment with you while soaking up the sun on your deck, patio or poolside? Want to give your backyard some Fixer Upper love? OmniMount has a wide array of fixed, tilt, full motion and interactive TV mounts to support all-weather televisions. They’re a great option, offering the ultimate in both style and performance.
Many of us have been glued to our television screens this summer, watching exciting sports events, such as Euro 2016, Wimbledon and the Olympic Games. Not to mention binge-watching the new seasons of on-demand series! Outdoor TVs allow us to enjoy shows and movies in the fresh air and sunlight whenever we can.
For those concerned about the dangers of too much sitting, there’s a bonus opportunity here: while the weather is warm and the days are still long, boost your family’s fitness with these outdoor activities and watch the calorie burn start to add up:
Dance party = cut the rug for 11 minutes to burn up 56 calories.
De-stress with yoga = lightly stretching for 17 minutes burns 50 calories.
Play catch with the kids = toss the ball for 18 minutes and burn 54 calories.
Mow the lawn = give the grass a trim for 8 minutes and torch 52 calories.
Beautify the garden = weed flowerbeds (or planters) for 10 minutes to burn 59 calories. (Beautiful blooms are a bonus.)
Play with your pet = Fido loves fetch, plus 15 minutes can burn 50 calories for you.
Pretend you’re Bobby Flay = fire up the grill (indoors or out) for 25 minutes and use up 57 calories.
The most important thing is to find a calorie-burning activity that you enjoy. The more you enjoy it, the easier it will be to fit it into your busy lifestyle, and keep up with your favorite shows.
Barring the perks of working from home in your PJs, how comfortable are you doing long stints on your computer at your kitchen table, on the couch or at a desk? Odds are, discomfort is your frequent companion.
There might be a remedy for you. A new resource on Juststand.org/toolkit helps you to educate your employer on the personal and organizational benefits of adopting a sit-stand workstation, wherever your work is—say the living room, dining room, or porch.
A downloadable “Ask Your Boss” email template gives you all the information you need to convince your employer, including talking points to support your request.
Activating your home life goes beyond the home office. Check out some of the other OmniMount products that bring a new level of interactivity to traditional home entertainment activities.
Thinking of embracing the newest “concept entry” in the world of home theater electronics? Sales of curved TV’s are exploding among mainstream consumers, not just tech aficionados eager to buy the latest and greatest. While some still call curved TV’s a gimmick, it does look like they’re here to stay.
The top reasons many viewers have fallen for the curve:
- The rounded nature of the TV contours draws you in for an immersive viewing experience.
- Depth is deeper, so perception is enhanced, similar to watching a 3D movie.
- Width is wider, so the image seems to stretch even further, and is accurate from side views.
- Better contrast and sharpness, especially at the edges, makes for a richer picture.
- From an interior design perspective, curved TV’s look cool!
Some viewers think the experience rivals that of going to the movies, in fact, many commercial cinemas use curved screens. One consumer electronics reporter sums up his experiment, a month after adding a curved 65-inch TV to his home theater:
“For my efforts, I’ve gained almost 6 pounds, thanks to roughly 32 bags of microwave popcorn washed down with several gallons of Mr. Pibb – and developed a suspicious numbness in my left leg. It was totally worth it…” We’ve got tips for you on staying fit and burning calories while enjoying your TV at home.
The one drawback that we hear often from people considering a curved TV purchase? They’re afraid the shape will make a wall-mount difficult or awkward. Who wants to be limited to a desktop or floor stand display? That defeats the whole home theater look and feel that has made flat screens so popular. No fear. OmniMount’s open architecture product design ensures our wall mounts are compatible with most of the new curved TV’s. They’re also future-proof, so as technology advances, you can keep up — without having to replace your mount.
More questions about choosing a mount for your curved TV? Ask your retailer for assistance or give us a call at 1-800-MOUNT-IT (800-668-6848). Phone support is available 24 hours a day, a 7 days per week.
You just got a curved TV — now what? Don’t be fooled into thinking that you’re limited to a mount for only that TV type. OmniMount’s full motion and interactive wall mounts will still work on a majority of the curved TV’s now hitting the market. You have a range of choices for setting up and enjoying the immersive, wraparound effect of your curved TV.
A wall mount is the safest mount. After purchasing this popular new technology, the last thing you need is to have your curved TV come crashing down because someone knocked it over. Property damage is bad enough, but worse yet is the risk that someone may get hurt.
You need a strong and reliable mount, one that will not fail you when you need it most. Rest easy, durable OmniMount products undergo performance tests that exceed the industry’s most rigid standards.
Curved TV’s are the newest wave of technology, but are they here to stay? That depends on who you ask. Some experts say so, and others say no. Either way, open-architecture design means our mounts will continue to be useful so you won’t have to replace them anytime soon.
OmniMount mounts can be found online and at certain local retailers such as Lowes and Sam’s Club.
More questions about choosing a mount for your curved TV? Ask your retailer for assistance or call us at 1-800-MOUNT-IT (800-668-6848). Phone support is available 24 hours a day, a 7 days per week!
Several years ago, most of us weren’t aware of the dangers of sedentary lifestyles and prolonged sitting. Today, we know that many people – especially office workers – sit almost 10 hours a day, which is too much. Regular low-level movement is healthier, so switch from sitting to standing every 30 minutes or so.
To remind us to sit less and move more, engage with one of these upcoming stand up awareness days:
Join us in making some simple changes so that you spend more time up off of that chair – at work and at home!
Join OmniMount in celebrating Earth Day today, and every day! The first Earth Day on April 22, 1970, activated 20 million Americans and helped launch the modern environmental movement. More than 1 billion people now participate in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world!
As an environmentally responsible company, we’re doing our part to protect the planet by reducing, reusing, and recycling. For example, our reliable PLAY25 will perform with the same ease in its 7500th motion adjustment as in its first. Plus, open-architecture design makes it easier to upgrade hardware without replacing the mount.
The theme this year is Trees for the Earth, because combating deforestation is one of the easiest ways protect our air and water. Check out this map to find tree planting and other green events in your area.
Join the conversation, using hashtag #EarthDay2016.
Our friends over that the American Diabetes Association (ADA) are issuing a “wake up call” about the risk of type 2 diabetes. What can you do? Participate in the ADA’s prediabetes awareness campaign, then help spread the word about this critical issue to your friends, family, or neighbors.
Here are three easy ways to get involved:
- Talk about it. The ADA has a suite of online tools to help thoroughly educate you or someone you love. It takes less than a minute to find out if you have prediabetes, visit DoIHavePrediabetes.org to know where you stand. You can even text RISKTEST to 97779 to take the short test over the phone or via mobile device. According to the ADA, diagnosis is key, and research backs up that once people are aware of their condition, they are much more likely to make the necessary lifestyle changes.
- Take steps to make a positive change in your life. Cut back on sugar and carbs. Increase your daily activity level. Sit less. Stand more. Just move! The campaign features lifestyle tips and links from the CDC’s National Diabetes Prevention Program. You may also want to consider a new app from Baker IDI Heart & Diabetes Institute in Australia, Rise & Recharge.
- Support the campaign. Share your favorite prediabetes prevention tools and ideas with co-workers, your community or social networks:
- Check out the ADA’s public service announcements prediabetes at PSACentral.org.
- Explore their fabulous Prediabetes Social Toolkit or link to the DoIHavePrediabetes.org site (hashtags include #NoOneIsExcused from #prediabetes).
- Tack up posters and risk-test flyers on public bulletin boards located where many people gather.
However you choose to engage, do engage. If it doesn’t necessarily impact your life directly, remember, more that 86 million people in America alone have prediabetes. Your voice counts.
Advances in technology have morphed our entertainment viewing options almost beyond belief. How so? We can now watch our favorite shows on a variety of devices, in a range of locations: In a car, on a beach, or even on our wrists via smart watch!
This is a great time to elevate your TV management game for a boost in safety, organization, and comfort in your home. Recently, we shared some of our best advice for doing just that. (Read part one of our Top Ten List of TV Time Tips here.) Below is the second part, completing the list with tips 6-10. Perhaps this series will inspire you to an even better viewing experience.
6. Create a cable management miracle. Who doesn’t have Medusa-like cables springing from the back of their TV to various peripherals? Besides being unsightly, they can be a trip hazard too. Using cable channels or sleeves, or doing in-wall receptacles for your plugs, allow you to minimize the focus of ugly cords, and give the illusion of your TV floating on the wall. Pretty cool and it doesn’t take that much effort to accomplish.
7. Manage your peripherals like a pro. Does your entertainment area look like a flight deck at NASA? Blue lights glowing, spread across multiple surfaces? Racks or wall shelves are attractive and clean alternatives to managing multiple gadgets. Consolidating them in one area also helps you recoup some space, and looks more attractive on the whole.
8. Turn up the volume a smarter way. Consider speaker mounts for your surround sound experience.
9. View responsively. Not many know it, but sitting for long hours can be harmful to your health. Especially if you sit primarily at work and at home. But what are you to do, when downtime at home should be about relaxing and resting? One rule of thumb is to change positions every 30 minutes, from seated to standing, no matter what you are viewing. Get up to get a drink, throw in some laundry, do some dishes. Breaking up your sedentary time refreshes your muscles and your mind.
10. Teach your family how to be safe too. We just marked National TV Safety Day in February, but every day should be a safe one when it comes to home screen viewing. Check out the terrific resources at Safekids.org, and then share that with the family and set good ground rules for entertainment management.
Perhaps these TV Tune-ups are not on your life bucket list, but maybe having a home theater is. Whatever the goal, it’s important to know, many of these options take only minutes to achieve and offer expanded viewing pleasure…not only in knowing it will be safer, but less of an eyesore too. Tech should look good. Period.
What’s next, rabbit ears? We’ll save that for later. Until then, let the TV updates and upgrades commence!
Prepare to see OmniMount TV mounts and Ergotron sit-stand workstations and monitor arms on a new reality show Office Spaces™ that has aired on Lifetime Television®, at 7AM ET/PT. In this new office makeover-type reality show, acclaimed Interior Designer, Kalyn Rothaus, transforms an outdated warehouse into a sleek, modern office space.
The twist? Her revolutionary renovation is for series producer BrandStar‘s own new corporate headquarters!
BrandStar is consolidating operations into one collaborative workspace for their 135 employees. Previously, teams were spread out over four floors and two buildings, which created team silos. Kalyn was up to the challenge with help from incredible partners and cutting-edge design and office products, including OmniMount ceiling mounts among others.
The premier episode of the 12-part series was released on September 24, 2015, on Lifetime, and the series aired on February 19. Tune in to see the show’s take on the latest innovations for creating the office of the future, increasing productivity, and recruiting talent. The episode featuring OmniMount and Ergotron will be airing March 11!
This show should serve to inspire your next office rebuild.